If you are supplying your own artwork, please ensure you meet the requirements below. Unfortunately, we can only accept certain file formats – this is to ensure accurate reproduction of your artwork. This will also help us process your order and artwork as quickly and smoothly as possible.
We will notify you if we spot any potential artwork problems. Depending on the complexity of any necessary changes to your artwork, we may be able to make them ourselves, though in some instances we may need amended artwork to be re-supplied.
- EPS (CS4 and below)
- AI (CS4 and below)
- TIFF (flattened)
All artwork must also be supplied
- With 5mm bleed
- With crop marks
- With each artwork as a separate file or page
- With each file name including the finished dimensions (eg. “3m × 1m Description.pdf”)
- At least 300 DPI and 25% scale (for artwork containing raster based images)
- At the correct height/width proportions
- In CMYK colour mode
- With any images embedded
- With fonts embedded (PDF), or converted to outlines (EPS, AI)
- INDD (Adobe InDesign)
- QXP (Quark Express)
- CDR (Coral Draw)
- PSD (Adobe Photoshop)
- SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics)
- DOC/DOCX (Microsoft Word)
- XLS/XLSX (Microsoft Excel)
- PPT/PPTX (Microsoft Powerpoint)
- PUB (Microsoft Publisher)
- Without 5mm bleed
- Without crop marks
- With multiple artworks on one page
- At the wrong height/width proportions
- In RGB colour mode
- With missing links or images which are not embedded
- Without fonts embedded or converted to outlines
Pantone colours may be included within your artwork. However, you must notify us if you use any Pantone colours, otherwise they will be converted to CMYK. We can match our printing to some Pantone colours, but we must be notified of these at point of order. We cannot guarantee accurate replication of all Pantones.
Artwork supplied at less than 300 DPI or 25% scale can be printed, although the result may be unsatisfactory.
Please allow at least 40mm space from the artwork edge to allow for any hems and eyelets. This will ensure any important text/images are not cropped/overlapped.
How Do I Send You My Artwork?
We cannot accept artwork via email attachments. Please use our upload service, presented to you immediately after placing an order, or by clicking here.
Emailing attachments to us may mean that your order is delayed, or possibly that your artwork is not received, as we cannot accept large emails.
If you have an order reference this will help expediate the process. In the absence of an order reference, please provide your name and details.